Our Juniors have their own Championship with prizes, which allows them to race in child-friendly events.
The events are listed here, with some points below to tell you more.
||Bourne Run in the Woods
||3k||£5||Bourne Run in the Woods
||Senior champ too|
||Cambridge and Coleridge
||Langtoft Fun Run
||Langtoft Road Race & Fun Run
||Senior champ too|
||Little Bytham Farm Run||5k||£10||LB5K||Senior champ too|
||Sutton Mini Beast||2.5k||£3.50||The Sutton Beast|
|22 June||Eye Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series|
|6 July||Stamford Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series|
|20 July||PANVAC Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series|
|3 Aug||Werrington Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series|
|17 Aug||Bushfield Grand Prix||3k||£3||Peterborough GP Series|
|TBC Aug||Riverside Run
|2k||TBC||Riverside Runners||Senior champ too|
|18 Sep||Junior Park Run
||Rutland Water Junior Park Run||Register for a barcode|
|16 Oct||Peterborough Fun Run||5k||TBC||Great Eastern Run||Senior event too|
- There is no obligation to take part, yet it is open to all Juniors, regardless of ability.
- The fastest time does not necessarily get the highest position. To allow for differences in age, positions are decided by the percentage outcome of the age grading calculator which uses international statistics based on a large number of races that have taken place worldwide.
- Points are allocated separately to boys and girls: 50 for the winner, 49 for 2nd and so on.
- 5 races must be completed to qualify for the championship.
- If you enter more, the best five results will count.
- Juniors must enter as a Stamford Strider.
- To run a 5k race Juniors must be 11+ years.
- Please be aware there may be other, race-specific restrictions, terms and conditions.
- Parents are responsible for getting Juniors to and from races and for supervising their own children.
- The Peterborough GP Series are on Wednesday evenings at 7pm. For details visit the GP Series website.
For more information on the championships please ask one of the coaches or email Nick Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org